The Pet Food Manufacturers’ Association (PFMA) has today launched a campaign to promote good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle for UK pets.
The campaign starts today with Weigh in Wednesday, where pet owners are urged to get their pets on the scales to find out exactly how much their pet weighs.
Did you know?
- 20% of pet owners with overweight pets do not acknowledge the problem
- Nearly 50% of pets visiting the vets are overweight
- 92% of pet owners with overweight pets do not see pet obesity as a life threatening risk
- Keeping pets in the ideal weight range could add as much as 2 years to their life span
- Experts warn the issue of obesity is rapidly reaching a crisis point
How much does your pet weigh?
The PFMA provides all the tools you need to help tackle overweight pets and make sure those that are a healthy size stay that way.
These include Size-O-Meters, food diaries and weight and body condition log. Head over to this page to download the tools.
There is no better time to get your pet on the scales and to start monitoring your pet’s body size.